Monday, January 2, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy NEW Year.

Here is a book of techniques I created for my mother "Dotti" of things that I have learned over the past couple of years either through classes, websites or from a special friend "Denice".  YAY.   So I made 4 books.  Of course I kept one, sent one to denice gave one to a friend at work and made it especially for my mother for christmas.  YAY.  So here is the book I made.

This is the front cover of my techniques book.  I sprayed ink on the board (a couple of them I painted) then I added modge podge the glitter one.  I luv sparkle can you tell. 
This one is one of the ones I painted with two different colors then sprayed copper glimmer mist and then modge podge regular no glitter.  Then My first introduction page WAS SO MUCH FUN.  I used the cricut to cut out the clock, used black marker to color in the clock hands, stickles on the clock weight and then glossy accents to the clock face to make it look like it was behind glass.  Pretty cool.  The words are a combination of cricut letters and computer printout.
Here is an up close look at the clock.
Inking ~ took paper and put into a cardboard box.  Spray either memory mist or glimmer mist over box and the paper catches the sprays.  I cut each out out showing the different borders as well.  See above.

Here is the watermark page.  It is used for backgrounds.  SOOO COOL.  one of the first techniques classes I took.
Embossing is so much fun.  There are so many types of embossing powers and colors out there.  even puffy ones like the one I did with the reindeer.


Chalking was by accident.  I went to make some cards and the store had you make most of your cards there before taking the rest home to put together.  One card had chalking on dark paper.  WHOO HOO how awesome was that.  I fell in luv with chalking.

Here is a technique I learned on the internet.  So dang cool.  I played around with my images and paper and the bleach and this is what I got.
Here is a page that took me awhile to figure out how I was going to show different types of distressing papers.  It came out pretty neat I think.  YAY.


This was one of my most favorites to Monkey with.  FLOCKING.  So dang cool.  ON the hat I used chunky glittery and white flock mixed together for the rim and ball.  So soft.

Here was one that I did last cause I had no idea what I was going to do.  Figured it out though.  Flower is punched and stitched by hand, second layer is sewn by sewing machine, third is marker stitching which I luv.
This was all the embellishments that I could think of to use on just one page to show the different types of things you can use and not be tooo chunky.  I so luv my iroc which put the hearts on the page.

Here is my dedicated and thank you page.  Denice is always there when I get stuck on projects to give me encouragement and ideas.  LUV YOUR IDEAS denice.    Hope you enjoyed the tour of my book. YAY.

3 comments:

  1. What a surprise and wonder this book is! You did such a nice job Marjie...I truely treasure mine! You did so much work on these books, and I love all the techniques you used!
    Thanks my friend!
    :Dx
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your pictures, I too would like to learn to color better and do shading also.
    Keep up the good work they are lovely

    ReplyDelete