Wednesday, June 27, 2012

GRADUATION CARD!!!!

I had to wait until after Jordans Graduation from the Art Institute of Schaumburg in Illinois (He got a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Visual Communication and Motion Graphics) before I could share my beautiful creation.  I didn't want to let it go.  But I know my son he will treasure this card.  I need to go visit my card and book OH yeah and My son.  LOL.  Anyways it took me quite awhile to make this card because the person who put the instructions on her blog (can't remember whos blog I lost it UGH so if you see this let me know so I can give you credit) it was in centimeters not inches so it was rough and there was no patterns just cut here and there and use your judgement.  So I printed it and used it and this is my version of her instructions.

Open up the jacket.

Lift down the shirt

Happy Edwin (I left his hat off he just looked way too happy)

 Here is a poem from my cousin (we share the same grandparents down the line he is my 6th generation 1st cousin)
 Then I also made a film board to give to my son.  Though it would be fun to create from a picture online.  I also wanted it to open and close and then I came up with putting the word congratulations if you lift the piece.  It came out really neat.  YAY.  luv it. 


15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh girl! This is awesome!!! Love the card...I mean this is just pure genius. Great job on this! And congrats to your son, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is one fantastic card! I envy your ability to construct such an adorable card. I'm afraid I am construction challenge! Congratulations to your son, and kudos to you for this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, Marji, these are fabulous. Kudos to you for making them with a theme pertaining to your son's degree. You must be so proud of him. Love the idea of the vested jacket card for a male card. The masculine colours you've chosen are perfect. This well chosen Edwin is beautifully coloured. The clapboard idea is brilliant. Terrific job you did.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job on this awesome card. I know your son has to love it and you for making it. Congrats to both of you.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marjorie, the graduation card that you have created is so darling!! I just love how the shirt opens and folds down to reveal Graduation Edwin!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Amazing card! I am sure he will cherish it.

    Congrats to the graduate.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and clever, fabulous card.
    Blessings Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I love this and I bet Jordan does too! Congrats to everyone...it was a short, long 4 years!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really creative, I love this design for your young man. Congrats on his graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect graduation card, fabulous
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful job on your Edwin shirt card! I made one a bit ago and had a lot of fun figuring out exactly the sizes I wanted. Your coloring on Edwin is perfect. Great job to you and your sone!
    Huggeroonies,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are SO COOL! I love how the suit card opens in several ways and your attention to detail is awesome. Great idea with putting the congrats in the lifty spot. These are just brilliant!

    ♥ Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, both of your creations are awesome! Love them both - you should be very proud! :)
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such fun and cute cards!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever card design, just perfect
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete